Plugs Galore.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Good sites, that are useful too.
I relation to the Cap'ns last post about Feedburner, I thought I might explain what Feedburner is along with a couple of other useful traffic generators for your blog and sites. First, you need to know what and RSS feed is. Instead of me explaining what it is, you can check out a article I wrote on it. Or maybe I won't, seems Dr. Murk took the article down from Hill TV. Let me see if I can find it elsewhere. Nope. Bastard . . . Ok, you guys are stuck with the Wikinazi info.

Now, that you know what it is there are several things you can do. If you have a Blogger blog, they will give you a RSS feed . . . it is can bee found at www.yoursitename.com/atom.xml. For example, Fart Party's can be found here: http://thefartparty.blogspot.com/atom.xml. That is great, Blogger automatically create and updates it for you. I am sure most other blogs work the same way.

Now if you need to create your own (for example, you website), that is where Ice Rocket comes in; by far the easiest RSS Creator I have found. First got to Ice Rocket, at the bottom of the page is a link that says "RSS Builder". It will take you to this page. From there everything is pretty self explanatory. Update from that page as your site updates. It will create an XML feed for you, it will look like this: http://rss.icerocket.com/xmlfeed.php?id=2082. Nice no? BTW that is the RubberSuit Studios feed. Now take that feed web address and bring it to FeedBurner. Basically you will take that feed, and FeedBurner will give you neat stuff to promote it. Stuff like this, and nice little graphics like this:



and this:

RubberSuit Studios

So out this stuff whereever the hell you have access to HTML, including blogs, websites, Myspace, and Forums. When someone clicks these buttons they are taken here. There they can sign up for you feed, and sydicate it with their readers.

You are now all set up. All you need to do now is post to your blog or update your Icerocket feed. FeedBurner does the rest.

I saw a tripling of my traffic the first week I set one up, and haven't looked back since.

URLTrends
Another interesting site, it will track your url's, track their popularity and compare to similar url's. Their free account will track 10 url's for you. Here's my trend report.

Frapper
Fun site, tracks where you fans come from with a map. Link keywords with other maps. Buckos map here. They also give you some snazzy graphics.

It seems this you create a nice community. I need play around with this a bit more. I ha it for a awhile, need to re explore the puppy.

I am Malach and I am Plug-3

4 comments:

Malach, i have a question
i skipped ice rocket and went right to feedburner
so, i don't update the page, and my little scroller dude just takes people directly to my page.
does that make a difference?

It is actually easier to do with blogger as you can skip the icerocket step. The animator will take it to wherever to point the adress to take it too in the html. So you could change it to the feedburner page which would have links directly to the articles.

thank you sir
but
is there any benefit to doing that?

Benefit is the Feedburner page will list everything you ever posted in descending date order with direct links to the post.

As opposed to someone just going to your blog and searching.

But the headline animator only list the last 5 posts anyway, so either way.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0