C'mon in and pull yourself up a chair!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Let the fun begin it's time to let down your hair!
As some of you may or may not know, [adult swim] is now broadcasting reruns of Pee Wee's Playhouse, Mon - Thurs at 11PM (some clips here). The show was orignally aired from 1986 - 1990. Malach loved the show and still thinks it is the Greatest "Childrens Show" ever created. I have not seen a episode since 1990 and as well all know memory fades with time.

After two nights of the Playhouse, all I can say is wow! I never realized how good the show was, how drug induced and stoner out there is was, how diverse, how much innuendo to drugs, sex, homosexual behavior, and original it was. The production values are a bit dated, but it fits the campiness of the show. Absolutley original in concept. Amazing it got the critical praise and awards it did. It opened up doors, along with Ren and Stimpy, for modern kids shows such as The Tick, Invader Zim, Spongebob, Bill and Mandy, etc. At the time when the show aired I thought it was incredible, I never realized how incredible the show actually was until now. How many people got their big breaks at the Playhouse? Laurence Fishburne, Phil Hartman, Jimmy Smits, S. Epatha Merkerson, and Sandra Bernhard to name a few.

Absolutely amazing and I would highly suggest you begin watching it.

I am Malach, Meka Leka Hi, Meka Hiney-oh.

13 comments:

Christopher said...

That show sucked. It was like watching the B 52's smell anus.

Tainted~Love said...

(LMAO at Dr. Murk) I so loved that show. Then after it stopped I never heard anything good about it again. So thanks Malach for making me remember it once more.

Murk, that was the point but you forgot to add "whilst dropping acid" at the end.

that show was great
and i love the B52's

Christopher said...

whilst dropping acid

Whatever Muck.

Choas_Dragoon said...

I hate phil hartman. He's on the hitlist.

Hojo said...

I happen to enjoy it, too. The show ended right after I was born (it's a sign), but I've been watching the [as] running, and I love it.

Sadly, all my friends can say is "HURR PAUL REUBENS MASTURBATES HURR!"

I need new friends.

Christopher said...

SpaceFarmer is only funny to SpaceFarmer.

how can you hate phil hartman, the voice of Lionel Hutz and Troy McCleur?
Not to mention, his wife beat you to is, Choas!

Toyi said...

oh I never saw it, I never heard of it, that probably didn't make it to ES.

OMG Malach, I hate that Background song you have for WOW, it just reminds me about you.

HATED Saved By Bell, refused to watch it.

Toyi said...

Oh I loved the "Wonder years" or something like that, I am literally translating.. cause spanish TV always change the names of stuff

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0