OMFG, I h8te IM chats, and TXTing.

Monday, July 24, 2006

The downfall of Western Civilization.
I hate instant messaging (IM), I hate text messaging. I even hate cellphones, though you need to own one nowadays. Now, I do use instant messaging on occasion via Skype. I don't text message, and I only use the cell phone for emergencies and work (I unless I get called).

Why you ask? Why does the all powerful technically savy Malach the Merciless hate instant communication? Because it is not Instant Communication. It is HOURS of garbage.

I never spend any more that 15 minutes communicating with someone via IM, what's the purpose? I don't spend hours on the phone with people? Why the Hell would I want to spend hours on end IM or text messaging someone.

The typical IM conversation that I have experienced degenrates into crap after about 15 minutes. People looking for excuses to continue their conversation with a faceless person. IM's take away time from the real world, and don't be fooled by the "instant" tag. Want to compare? See how much quicker a phone conversation lasts. You wouldn't discuss half the tripe you discuss over an IM or Text you would on the phone. It ruins your real social life, relationships with real people, and your social skills. How many people do you know are addicted to IM/Texting and now can't hold a real conversation with the people they love? I really don't understand how someone can spend HOURS on end IMing or Texting someone, ignoring the world around them.

Texting is even more rediculous. I have tried responding to texts on my cell phone. FUGGIN" ANNOYING. Typing with my thunbs? Texting can be summed up on a beautiful quote from the show The Boondocks.

Gin Rummy: Man, I don't get that.
Ed Wuncler III: Get what?
Gin Rummy: That
textin' shit!
Ed Wuncler: And what's wrong wrong with textin'?
Gin Rummy: You mean aside from the fact that it's the stupidest fucking thing in the world? I mean, why would anyone in their right mind spend fifteen minutes tryin' to type some shit they could've called and said in five seconds? Plus, it involves typing with your thumbs! Which I just don't approve of. Fuck, I don't know about you, but I don't have time to read nothin' that a motherfucker typed with they thumbs. Fun Fact: Nothing typed by someone's thumbs has ever been important. It's all just N*gga Technology anyway.
Ed: What'd you call it?
Gin Rummy: N*gga Technology. Technology for N*ggas. And you don't start trippin' and shit, call me a racist. 'Cause I don't mean N*gga in a disrespectful way, I-I mean it as a general term for ignorant motherfuckers. Anybody of any race can be an ignorant motherfucker.
Ed: Shit, I be textin' my ass off, shit. Bitches like textin'. I be textin' 'em all the time. Matter of fact, I also be textin' my weed man, too, cause, you know, he don't like to be on the phone, so I text 'im!
Gin Rummy: Case in point. So basically, N*gga Technology is anyting that doesn't plug into a printer. Does that plug into a printer?
Ed: No.
Gin Rummy: Know why? 'Cause N*ggas never have anything to print.


Now cell phones. Please display proper use of the cell phone. Cell Phone use is rediculously out of hand. They interupt everything for the most rediculous conversations or text messages. Why in the world does anyone instantly need to know there's a party going on later at night? Or you boyfriend is mad at you? And why does it constantly have to interupt life with a text or a phone call? Annoying is not the word. Don't you just sometime wanna grab the phone and toss it out the window?

A little aside on MySpace.
Evidently there was a problem this weekend at MySpace. Quoth the Tom:

hello everyone - so there was a power outage in LA yesterday. unfortunately it directly hit the data center where myspace's servers are located. lots of people were affected. the backup power failed and that's why myspace has been screwy since yesterday afternoon. we are still working to get everything back in order. i know what most of the problems are, it's just giong to take awhile to fix them. thx for your patience!

So of course Malach's Space in all messed up.

I am Malach, and this shiite is ruining my life!

20 comments:

Toyi said...

I don't hate a cellphone, is a great idea for emergencies, I have never crossed my minutes, cause I indeed use it for what was meant for.
Now I do hate TXT and or else that comes with it.
Yet if I am at work and rings I can always set it to vibrate so doesnt become annoying.
To me is also a source of business,I can grab at least 1 or 2 policies over the weekend sometimes.

I agree with you, I hate extreme cell phone use. Some people spend their lives a slave to it.

Toyi said...

yeah there is always an issue with cellphones and means that driving and talking on the phone is not a good conbination, I notice that people do crazy stuff and they don't even realize it because they are distracted on the phone, sometimes you honk at them and they still don't get it.

Yeah, how about driving a texting?

its a bad mix, driving and cell phones. avoid at all cost!

what the hell!
Blogger is down, myspace is down

somethings fishy!

The Angry Piper said...

Once upon a time I did a small rant about cellphones on my blog.

Well, now it's a big rant.

And it's only one of three that will be posted simultaneously on Angrypiper.com later this week.

Christopher said...

I like to counter obnoxious cell phone people by pulling out my phone and saying into it,

"hey! Yeah, how you doing? Not much. I just figured I'd call and tell you about this asshole on his cell phone next to me! He still thinks people find him important because he uses one! Can you believe that? No! No! I said five million. If they want to bargain, tell them to go to TJ MAXX! I want my fucking money Raoule! No less than FIVE MILLION! I'M VERY IMPORTANT IN THIS RESTAURANT!"

Seems to work.

But while MySpace was having issues, did you get to play PacMan?!?!?

I did!!! :P

Christopher said...

wub wub wub wub wub wub boing! weeyooo weeyooo weeyoo weeyoo wub wub wub wub wub wub doooweee doooweee dooowweee weeyoweeyo weeyoweeyo-woink!

Game Over!

Toyi said...

oh a teen girl killed a biker because she was Driving/txt messaging..here in MD

oh and what about that TXT message I received 2 months ago "Oh you are going to die today" oh I was just so pissed because the fact that I was forced by my Cell company to call the police and write a report when all I wanted was to have my TXT removed, which they said "sorry the feature comes with your pack"

I had my TXT removed

Toyi said...

TXT is not included in my plan (Meaning that I don't pay a fix monthly fee) but the feature is in the plan meaning that if somebody send me one I will receive it and get charged $2.50 for it on top of that.

I HAET INSTANT MESAGNG (IM) I HAET T3XT M3SAGNG!!!!11111 I EVEN HAET CALPHON3S THOUGH U NED 2 OWN ONA NOWADAYS!!1!!1 NOW I DO UES INSTANT M3SAGNG ON OCASION VIA SKYPA!!!11!! OMG LOL I DONT TEXT MESAEG AND I ONLEY UES DA CEL PHON3 FOR EMARG3NCEIS AND WORK (I UNLAS I GET Y!!1!1 WTF U ASK??!?!! LOL Y DOES DA AL POWARFUL TECHNICALY SAVY MALACH TEH MERCIELS HAET INSTANT COMUNICATION?!!!! WTF B/C IT SI NOT INSTANT COMUNICATION!!111!! OMG LOL IT SI HOURS OF GARBAEG
I!!1!11 WTF NEVER SP3ND ANY MORA TAHT 15 MINUT3S COMUNICATNG WIT SOM3ON3 VIA IM WUT TEH PURPOSE?!!?!! OMG WTF LOL I DONT SPEND HOURS ON TEH PHON3 WIT P3OPLE????!?!! WTF LOL Y DA HEL WUD I WANT 2 SP3ND HOURS ON END IM OR TAXT M3SAGNG SOM3ONA
THE!!!11!1! WTF TYPICAL IM CONV3RSATION TAHT I HAEV EXP3REINC3D DEGENRAETS IN2 CRAP AFTER ABOUT 15 MINUTES!1!!11!1 OMG WTF PEOPL3 LOKNG FOR 3XCUESS 2 CONTINU3 THEYRE CONVERSATION WIT A FAECL3S PERSON!1!!!1!!1 OMG LOL IMS TAEK AWAY TIEM FROM TEH R3AL WORLD AND DONT B FOLED BY TEH INSTANT TAG!111!1! WTF WANT 2 COMPAER?!!?? WTF SE HOW MUCH QUIK3R A PHON3 CONV3RSATION LASTS!!11!! U WUDNT DISCUS HALF TEH TRIEP U DISCUS OVER AN IM OR TAXT U WUD ON TEH PHON3!!1!!!11 OMG LOL IT RUINS UR R3AL SOCIAL LIEF R3LATIONSHIPS WIT RAAL PEOPLE AND UR SOCIAL SKILS!!1!111!1 OMG HOW MANY PEOPL3 DO U KNOW R ADICTAD 2 IM/TAXTNG AND NOW CANT HOLD A R3AL CONVERSATION WIT DA PEOPL3 THEY LOVE??!!??!?! I RILLY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SOM3ON3 CAN SPAND HOURS ON AND IMNG OR TEXTNG SOMEONA IGNORNG DA WORLD AROUND THEM
!111!! OMG WTF LOL

OMFG.....WTF wuz dat? ROTFLMAO!

And yes....I like my IM.

You two just showed me a another reason why I hate IM's:

1. CAPITAL LETTERS
2. Spelling
3. It turns everything into a conversation with a teenage valley girl!

Christopher said...

And the Captain stole that from a famous email!!! YEAH CAPTAIN!!!

Muchs, I steal EVERYTHING.

Christopher said...

I LOVE YOU!!!! Heart heat heart xxx ooo! So wonderful!!!

TEE HEE HEE

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0