Some Programing Notes

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Must See TV.
So, I have been waiting for Heroes to dissapoint me or piss me off . . . I though when the whole "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" crap started that would happen. I can tell you it has not. Every episode, is engaging, twisting, fun, mysterious, and exciting. It is now one of only 3 shows that is required viewing for me (the other two are Battlestar Galactica and Ultimate Fighter, I also try to catch Dr. Who whenever I can but the TV schedule seems to interfere with the kids going to bed, so I miss the first half hour.). You will not be dissappointed.

Last night I saw the documentary The World According to Sesame Street. Beautifully moving documentary on how Sesame Workshop has begin to develop versions of Sesame Street in other countries, produced in those countries, with those coutries cultures tied in. How in a country like South Africa, where 50% percent of the population have HIV/AIDS, that 40% of children have at least one parent who has died from HIV, they introduced an HIV+ Muppet, and in Bangladesh, how this show unites the different faiths, classes, and people. It was amazing to watch hundreds of people in front on one TV to watch the premiers of the Bagladesh version.

One for the kids. My kids are so excited about Class of 3000, so I am I. The brainchild behind this show is Andre 3000 Benjamin of the OutKast. My kids love the Outkast music, I think they are one of the best things in modern Hip Hop/Rap/R&B (BTW, Outkast is my featured artist in my blog for the next few days). The show is about a music teacher (Benjamin) who teaches music to a groups of racially diverse music students. I looks a lot of fun, the animation is very stylish, and the music sounds amazing.

Drew Bledsoe.
Well, there are a lot of Bledsoe haters here in New England. Many relish the fact he is once again being replaced by the younger QB. Drew has basically stated that he will retire if relegated to back up. Unfortunately Bledsoe lives under the shadow of Tom Brady around here, and that is a very hard thing to live up to. But give Bledsoe credit. Kraft, Parcells, and Bledsoe brought the Patriots out from the doldrums and the laughing stock of the NFL. Bledsoe is the second best QB to ever put on a Patriots jersey. I appreciated what he has done, and if not for Bledsoe, there is not 2001 Super Bowl.

Now, as I stated way back here: I just can't wait for Bledsoe's inevitable implosion .

I am Malach and I bring you llamas.

2 comments:

Wow. Romo throws three interceptions in one half of play and Bledsoe still gets the bench. Wow.

Parcells: "Bledsoe, c'mere, give me those." (*takes balls*)

And I'll tell you right now, mobility in the pocket and out of the pocket is HIGHLY FUCKING OVERRATED. Running and jumping away from your offensive line may work for alittle while, but sooner or later you are setting yourself up for a career ending injury and leaving your team with a second or third string QB.

I'm thinking Romo will be a worse choice for Dallas.

But what the fuck do I care? The Pats are winning and the Dolphins are losing and that makes me a Happy Veteran. (*double finger point*)

See Michael Vick

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0