A Chink in Amazon's Armor: Fisher-Price Toys

Friday, October 13, 2006


It has been a long time since I went Holiday shopping at a mall or at some other retail outlet. Since the rise of Amazon, I have been a loyal customer. I just cannot beat the prices, selection, and free shipping. In fact, it makes no sense to me to buy an item offered on Amazon anywhere else.

Until this morning.

I have become so impressed with Amazon that I have almost stopped doing comparison shopping at other sites. However, I am a new uncle and birthdays and holidays are coming up, so I was purchasing toys I am not familiar with.

To wit: the See and Say "The Farmer Says" and the "Chatter Telephone." People my age will remember both of these toddler toys fondly. They are both available for sale at Amazon: $25 for "The Farmer Says" and $15 for the "Chatter Telephone." At the Fisher-Price site, in contrast, the Farmer Says is $10 and the Telephone is $5. Amazon prices are afull 150% higher than the Fisher-Price site. Needless to say, yours truly now has an account at Fisher-Price.

So, my news to you, sweet World of Wonder, is that if you are going to be buying Fisher-Price toys over this coming holiday season, make sure you check out the Fisher-Price site first.

Oh, and if you want to buy the T.M.X. Elmo this season, you better be packing heat.




4 comments:

Guess who has 2 TMX Elmos!

You better guard those fuckers with your life.

TICKLE MY ASSMO.

Hojo said...

WTF CHINK ROFL OMG

HELPFUL CRITIC MADE ME DO IT

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0