Protecting the People, Part 1

Friday, October 27, 2006

Today I want to discuss something that has been bothering me. I frequently listen to and read people's opinions on politics, faith and science. Generally speaking, there are two very confusing camps.

People with a background in science tend to discredit anything taken on faith. They want empirical proof. If it can't be described in an orderly system, it is discarded. If it flies in the face of scientific theory, it is not only wrong, but stupid and destructive.

People who approach life from the perspective of faith in a higher power tend to rely on their feeling, emotions and intuitions. They consider science to be cold, lifeless and heretical. They have a system based on traditions and teachings they don't quite understand, but trust because it was given to them by people they consider to be messengers of faith.

These two groups love to face off and prove each other wrong or condemn each other to hell. It's more complicated than that, due to the smaller fringe groups and extremists and branches of science as well as differing levels of understanding in both camps. But one thing is constant. Each group believes the other is wrong and feels it is their mission to convert those who don't accept their views.

Why do they do it? Is it a simple matter of satiating their egos? Is it a cover for their fear and insecurity? Are they merely compensating for their own flaws? Did their mommies not hug them enough or too much?

No.

These two groups are the designated Protectors of the People. They are here to save us all with answers they read in a book, heard in church or studied in school. They only wish to serve human kind by proving once and for all that they know the real deal. They are very smart and cool. We should be worshiping them!

If you don't believe in Jesus, you should. They say you should. We all know that science is a bunch of hooey made up by fallible men and women out of a desire to control. Let go and let GOD! Belief and faith are paramount. It's true. Look how happy the faithful are!!!

If you don't accept scientific laws and study everything in minute detail using our super instruments and our big number sentences and formulae, you are a cow worhiping ignorant savage. The Age of Enlightenment was 300 years ago! If there is a God (and there most certainly isn't, because that would admit that science is just a whim of some fictional man with a beard or space creature), He uses science to make everything work and nothing can happen outside of the realm of human influence and observation. Wake up, ya bread eating wetbacks!

You see, they are here to teach us how we are wrong. No no. The two ideas cannot both be true. The world doesn't work that way. What are you, some New Age pothead who thinks science and God can point to the same things? You need help.

They are here to help you. The moral right and sagacious left only want to make you see that you can't possibly think for yourself. They argue so elequently that you must pick a side or be labeled a wacko, a dreamer or worse... a moderate. Accept their help.

I am Dr. Robert J. Murk, and this is Portecting the People.

14 comments:

Why can one not be both. I get it from the faithful, becuase I believe in science, I am not a believer in God, those in science tell me I am a loon to believe in a higher power.

Problem science has with God, is there is no way to prove of disprove his existence because it is faith, problem that religion has with science? It common sense, and analytical thinking disproves it Holy Books they always thought was fact.

Christopher said...

No no no Malach! They are here to protect you! Choose a side and be safe!!! Ohhhhh.... *worries what will happen to Malach when they get a hold of him*

I choose both side, I am a believer in science and a higher power.

Hojo said...

You complain about my lack of posts and right as I'm wrapping my head around something you have to go and post something that takes the wind out of my idea's sails. If I posted it now it would seem like I was copying you.

The main idea of my post: I've invented a religion based on reason. Science is not always reasonable, faith is not always reasonable, yet I believe in both. I live the golden mean. Maybe in a few days I'll elaborate, but you've stolen my muse.

Sorry Hojo, L. Ron already created a religion basedon science. Cleanse your thetans and you will see the truth.

Hojo said...

My religion is based on compassion and insight, not science. Science can go die.

Anonymous said...

No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll fuckin' spank you. "

Why cannot a man of reason believe in God?

Christopher said...

I said NO!

And Hojo, I read souls. I read yours and stole your idea. Sorry. Not much to do now that I'm sober.

And anyone who quotes movies to prove a point is sophomoric.

Toyi said...

Why science and faith can never join? easy dady... Cause God is beyond logic just check this out we can't even pronounce his name is too complicated...

I see it logically this way... things go by rank, we suppose God is the highest rank and he made us... it will be useless to think that we will be at his level to understand mind to mind his cause and his purposes, NO!!! stupid.. we can't.
yet we want the same eye level to see him and to feel him and to get him. Something that simple and logic a scientist can't understand.


Oh Science is never a bad thing has longest thy try to deny God (to me at least) I don't see anything wrong with technology and to save a life, but I see it wrong when science try to trespass God's principle of denying him or giving the credit to themselves. because nothing on this land has been created by men, yeah they are smart to process what we got, a men can play with cells now a days but they cannot create one. Why? oh they can't even explain it.

I don't know of any scientific study that was funded to disprove the existence of God.

Christopher said...

It was a JOKE people...

let me add:

I WANT THE PODCAST!

Christopher said...

Got half of it done. Cram it.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0