Show and Tell

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Today class . . .
Malach has entered a few online graphics contests in a effort to better learn computer imaging, and a way to experiment with the medium. The contest ranged, but they followed a format. In a X amount time complete a projest within X perameters. The contests are on going, and I can enter them as I want to. Malach has won a couple of the contests and I want to share the images with you now that I can. The first one I was surprised I won. The concept was to creat a 350px by 150px signature with the phrase: "I am Mother Nature's Favorite Son". The limits were that you could use no fonts, you had to create the writing from scratch. Additionally you had to come up with a design that fit the writing. I came up with this.

I found this one interesting to play with. The layers, the transclucencies and the imagery with the scratchy writing. The Writing was created using tablet, and a chalk and colored pencil tool in Paint Sho Pro.

The second one I really enjoyed. The concept was to create a "new" superhero in Bruce Timm style. So, using some of my experience with webcomics I created a Bruce Timm inspired Mr. Rubbersuitman.

I very much enjoyed this experiment, and this stuff will find it's way into my webcomics. It also showed me a few things as 95% of this was created exclusively on the PC. I am now entered into a "Final" contest. The basic concept is to take a cartoon chracter of one judges chossing, and add it into a piece of art work of the judges choosing. Not only incorporating the character, but tranforming the character to fit the style of the image. When the contest winner is annouced, I will post that one also.

I need to give some credit to Albert Haynesworth
As I told you yesterday, the NFLPA was appeal the suspension of Albert Haynesworth for the cleated face stomp he did on Andre Gourard. He has told the NFLPA not to appeal. Perhaps this is a turning point in Haynesworth's life.

I am Malach and you are reading this.

3 comments:

Tainted~Love said...

Great Job Malach. I really liked that first piece. Don't ask me why ...lol.

The Professor said...

It makes me think a little of the Marshal Law comics by Mills and O'Neil.

Y'know what, your right, I was thinking that it looked a bit familar . . . that's it Marshall Law.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0