What Blog Am I On?

Sunday, May 28, 2006

This is the Wand of Wonder.

The purpose of this blog is to provide all sorts of information and points of view. It's a bag of many things. Who knows what might come out of it next???

I do.

Anger and angst.

How do I know this? Well, the last million posts and replies have all been arguements and reproachful accusations. I'm petitioning to have this blog renamed the Wand of Blame.

Don't you people have anything fun to post? Isn't there anything you people enjoy besides harping on minor points and running off at the mouth?

Well, I have a post that doesn't involve the poor, the war, the immigrants, the government or religion. This post is about one of the coolest places to visit in the United States of America. It's New Hampshire. My good friend and weapons master Hurst is there right now, breathing the cool mountain air and delving into all of the quiet, secret places there up in the White Mountains. Lucky him.

I'm a nature lover. I don't mind cities, but they smell and are over crowded. If I could grow a mountain in my backyard I would, but I'm not much of a gardener. I've planted a few rocks, but they're not growing very quickly. In fact, they're eroding... slowly, but I can tell.

About 10,000 years ago, the fair state of New Hampshire was covered with one mile thick layers of ice called "glaciers". This might sound tragic, but don't worry. They melted and slid away, ripping up granite and soil and making fertile valleys and jagged cliffs and faces of old men in the hills. Ahhhh, the beauty.

In the fall, New Hampshire turns into a firestorm of colorfull leaves and the water reflects these scenes and dazzles the eyes. I often go there and sit by a loud, rushing river and listen to what nature is telling me. Relax and enjoy. Nature will always be here. Humans may die, but life will continue on. Sometimes I go into the river and get really really cold! Brrrrrr! Then, I get out and the sun warms me. Most times my favorite person, my wife, is with me. We just sit there all day and eat sandwiches from a local deli and wonder what the hell we're doing by living far away from the place we love.

So, what are some places you all find your peace of mind?

And for those of you that think I've gone all soft, I burn down at least one building when I get back from New Hampshire, so relax.

8 comments:

Toyi said...

Okay if you love wild, real wild, I recomed you to visit Costa Rica!
I love it because I was used to do hicking in the mountains, hicking I did mostly in ES but Costa Rica stole my heart

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.monteverdeinfo.com/monteverde-gallery-1/images/monteverde-costa-rica-01.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.monteverdeinfo.com/monteverde-gallery-1/pages/monteverde-costa-rica-01.htm&h=309&w=465&sz=45&tbnid=nZ-vfaNz_E5u3M:&tbnh=83&tbnw=125&hl=en&start=35&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcosta%2Brica%26start%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Vampires vs. Werewolves bastard!

Hojo said...

I haven't posted any controversial bullshit yet (yet). Mine have all been light-hearted romps through my spacious noggin. I dislike some of the harder-hitting posts as well, and I think we are starting to take ourselves too seriously because we are all over the intar-wubs. I can promise you that I am entirely too ignorant to post any fencible political stance so my posts will continue to be boring and lacking in substance.

Garmisch, a village in the Bavarian Alps.

The Angry Piper said...

Every fall but for the last two, they've had the NH Highland Games at Loon Mountain. Recently a band I enjoy, Prydein, mentioned it might be up there again this year. Beautiful scenery. Gorgeous foliage; cool, clean air, and the sounds of hundreds of bagpipes rolling over the mountain.

Doesn't get much better than this.

"Hey Guys, it doesn't get much better than this."

:)

TwistedDarkness said...

I made a complete and utter failure attempt to post in words the unequivocal beauty of Jaime! ^_^"

Well, in actuality, maybe some members feel this place as a place to debate, no? Like, this blog is invitation only, right? Some people are bound to think that their rants are in agreement with likeminded people, simply because they contribute to the same thing. Then, when they are in disagreement with each other, tension escalates, and everything's blown out of proportion.

But that's not the point.

I find peace of mind when I'm on a beach; a secluded spot in Newport. I love when the sun beats down on my face; I thrive in the heat. Accompanied with headphones, Fall Out Boy, a book, and some friends, and I become relaxation incarnate.

I definitely recommend coming to Yorba Linda, California, It's a cool 85 degrees all year round, and it's very, very quiet. Too quiet.

Anonymous said...

stat swallows disappearing insistent emailed operative enlist affair buridans fieldnotes artswhy
lolikneri havaqatsu

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0