I agree with Bill Frist?

Monday, May 29, 2006


What the man said:

Today, Senate majority leader Bill Frist said: "No House member, no senator, nobody in government should be above the law of the land, period."

I agree! I agree with Bill Frist! You can read the whole story, but I just wanted to let you all know how happy I was to see this.

I am currently keeping my fingers crossed that this sentiment will stay with the Honorable Gentleman from Tenessee no matter who ends up under investigation.

I, for one, find it a breath of fresh air.

The Issue

Congressional leaders complained that the Executive Branch (President - Department of Justice - FBI) violated the Separation of Powers by searching a House Representatives Congressional Office. Note, the search was done only after the Representative refused to comply with a subpoena and the search was authorized by a search warrant. This "Seperation of Powers" issue has the possibility of overshadowing the underlying corruption issue. Frist's satement, as the majority leader of the Senate, will help keep the focus onthe criminal investigation.

What it means

Hopefully, this will avoid another long delay in the investigation and prosecution of Representative William Jefferson (D-Louisiana). You know, the guy with $90,000.00 dollars in marked bills from an FBI sting in his freezer. Current mood: hopeful.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

But, Big Willie Jeff is a Democrat!!! Someone must save him...

See, this is how I'd post if I wanted to taunt you.

Dr. Mantoad, anything to say?

Hojo said...

Gotta love Louisiana (I sure don't; does anyone else have a place to stay?). We have quite the history of corrupt politicians, which is probably more the reason for its reputation as the "dirty south" than the rappers who coined the phrase.

My grandpa sold the bastard that freezer, too. He said the spare compartment was for dead hookers. My grandpa was outraged to find that money was stockpiled there.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0