Viva Cuervo!

Friday, May 05, 2006

In spirit of Cinco de Mayo, I will celebrate a Mexican tradition that I think is poisoning the politically correct attitude of today's world...

The pinata is the most homophobic tradition everywhere. It teaches young Hispanic children that when we see a homosexual person we should hang them from the nearest tree and beat them until they open. They also proceed to brainwash the young fellows into thinking that any flamboyantly dressed people are filled with candy. Can we really advance today's society while we have such people beating our citizens and eating their innards?

Don't get me wrong, I love Mexicans. I mean, honestly, chips and salsa? Damn, that stuff is 30% of my blood. I think we should drive to kids' parties and spit the truth about the pinatas to stop this horrible tradition. Gay people, despite what your local oppressive government says, are people too. Also, like everyone else, they are not filled with candy. Sorry.

13 comments:

Hojo said...

Before you comment your anger at my admittedly cynical and ignorant post, I'd like for all of to know that I am only kidding. I live in an area with many Hispanic people and I am good friends with many of them. I was taking an ignorant perspective for the sake of fun.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone!

Feliz Cinco de Mayo, Senor!!

I need a taco . .

History of the Pinata:

http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/wdevlin/wdpinatahistory.html

Begining of the entry:

"Piñatas may have originated in China. Marco Polo discovered the Chinese fashioning figures of cows, oxen or buffaloes, covered with colored paper and adorned with harnesses and trappings. Special colors traditionally greeted the New Year. When the mandarins knocked the figure hard with sticks of various colors, seeds spilled forth. After burning the remains, people gathered the ashes for good luck throughout the year.

When this custom passed into Europe in the 14th century, it adapted to the celebrations of Lent. The first Sunday became ‘Piñata Sunday’. The Italian word ‘pignatta’ means "fragile pot." Originally, piñatas fashioned without a base resembled clay containers for carrying water. Some say this is the origin of the traditional pineapple shape. Also the Latin prefix ‘piña’ implies a cluster of flowers or fruits as in ‘pineapples’ and ‘pine cones’."

Hey Malach, or anyone else with a modicum of technical expertise - how do I put a link in a comment? I just end up putting a long address to copy and paste. I don't see the little hyperlink/globe button when posting a comment. What's the trick?

Christopher said...

I used to know how to link in comments. It's the html code for hyperlink... hmmmm hang on...

Hill TV

Christopher said...

Okay, go to the template section of your blog and look for how your links are set up. just remove the "li" at the beginning and the end. and the little greater/less than signs that surround the "li"

I'd show you here, but it just creates a link...

<"li">http://www.scientomogy.com/<"li">

<>http://www.scientomogy.com/<>

Toyi said...

The idea I have of a piñata is that is just darn holding your candy and is just coming up whenever you have to grab it, HEY PINATA!!! take this stick and eat it all while I get your candy lol

DAMN!!!

It won't let me put an li inside the <>. And I can't ge into the template tab here.

Forever cursed!

Like this:

href="http://www.rubbersuitstudios.com/stoolsample.htm">Stool Sample Webcomics

Add a less than sig followed by a to the Front and a less than sing /a greater than sign to the back end

"Stool Sample Webcomics"

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0