Reliving old television…

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Howdy, kids! Been a while!
Today, something popped into my head. Well, 2 things of note, one I wanted to share, and the other I wanted to ask all of you.

And for once, I’m not talking conspiracies. Well, not right now. We may decide to discuss the conspiracy that gets good shows cancelled, but that will be later.
For now, its television. Sure, television is evil. But, it is also quite entertaining. I myself watch the ol box from time to time, and have found some darn thought provoking programming. And some wonderful wastes of time.

So, it appears there is a new show called Heroes. Ol Hobbsy here missed the show last night, but the buzz is all about it today. I believe they are rerunning it tonight, so I’ll check it out. Did any of you see it?

So, what this buzz reminded me of was the Misfits of Science. Does anyone remember that show? It was fantastic. Here’s a little bit to remind you!



Now, why can’t we get that show back? I want to know.

My other question is this. Does anyone else remember a show from the 80’s, it seemed to be set in Australia, was very Mad Max-ish, and basically was about 2 guys who drove big rigs, one which transformed to a helicopter, one into I think a tank. Does anyone remember this show?

So, I guess, like everyone else, I have to confess that I am the helpful critic. Which is odd, since I don’t remember ever wanting to be helpful.

Thanks!

4 comments:

The Angry Piper said...

Dr. Mantodea is a Misfit of Science.

And you, Hobbs, are dead. Mark my words.

I don't remeber this at all, looks like your typical 80's Greatest American Hero meets Saved by the Bell.

And Courtney Cock is in it.

Toyi said...

I have no idea what it was, it never made it to ES, but I can certainly say that the fall on the beach was spectacular, I could even feel it on my back... it was magically subliminal lol

I watched Heroes
I loved it
it wasn't perfect, but it was great!

now, can anyone remember the show I'm asking about?

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0