My $1.13

Monday, September 11, 2006

Five years later, I hurt.

I didn't see the footage until I got home from work and I watched it too many times. I saw ever angle, saw the people jumping, heard the audio clips with the thuds (I won't go further). I still hurt.

I did not know anyone personally who died on September 11th, 2001, but a part of me died. We all lose a bit of our innocence in our teenage years and even more in our adult years. That day I lost my faith in a higher power and my faith in the safety of my own home. I lost the feeling that loved ones would be around for years to come. I hurt so bad and cried like a 2 year old.

This is exactly what they terrorist wanted. They hurt all of us in a way we we can never hurt them back (and probably never would want to).

Five years later and I still hurt.

I still look up in the sky when I hear a plane flying too low. I still turn on CNN when I hear helicopters fly over my house. I still jump when the emergency broadcast system test comes on. I still wait for the other shoe to drop and check the TV, papers, and news sites hourly.

Those are my only words about it. I can't say much more.

2 comments:

Eve said...

You really said it all.

I have it all solved . . . tomorrow.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0