Talladega Nights takes the checkered flag

Monday, August 07, 2006

Mrs. Angry Veteran, a NASCAR fan, and I, a Wonder Bread fan, saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby tonight. It was laugh out loud, oh my God funny. If you liked Anchorman and Old School, you are going to love Talladega Nights. In fact, the out take reel during the credits at the end was funnier than some comedy films I have seen.

I don't want to spoil the movie for you, so I will just say that if you are a Will Ferrell fan, you will have a great time at this movie. In addition to a strong performance by Ferrell, John C. O'Reilly and Sacha Cohen were fantastic. In fact, all of the supporting cast (except for one minor player) were excellent. And the one actress I'm thinking of wasn't bad, she just wasn't dead on with her delivery; which stuck out in this movie.

I'd also like to give a shout out to NASCAR for supporting this movie and having a sense of humor about itself. This movie was funny, had some inside jokes for the NASCAR fans, and was funny without being meanspirited to NASCAR or the fans.

Remember, if you aren't first, you're last.

10 comments:

Kind of like The Ringer and Special Olympics?

Anonymous said...

I loved it.

Anonymous said...

60% of the time, this movie works every time.

I never saw "The Ringer" so I can't say. But I can say it was funny and worth seeing in the theater.

The Angry Piper said...

This is typical of my usual"wait for the video" kind of movies...but I really want to see this one. So I may fork over the $7.50 and checkit out on the big screen. I loved Anchorman.


Hey, Malach...

WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO YOUR HOME ON WHORE ISLAND?

Andy T. Nguyen said...

They used a knife take out the other knife....

Hojo said...

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. I only went because my friend was in town, but I was laughing harder than all three of my friends.

That above comment does not imply that I only have three friends. I actually have two, and I had just met the other guy and decided to include him.

Christopher said...

Nice picture of the Captain in his PJs!

"You've got a dirty whorish mouth."

I'm purchasing Ricky Bobby underoos on Amazon right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to punch you in the uterus. Right in the baby maker.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0