Road Rage

Thursday, August 17, 2006

What is it about vehicles . .
That turn your everyday ordinary person into a foul mouthed, violent, broderline homicidal maniac? What is it about the car that does this. This is something I wonder.

What is it about a hunk of steel that could turn a normally mild mannered, shy, peacenik into a profane stuntman? It has happened to all of us at one time or another. Some people become completely different people when behind the wheel taking risks, and aggressive actions they would not normally take. Why are they only like this in the car? You don't see power walking rage. Is it something about the inherant "safety" of wearing the armor of a vehicle? Is it something inherrant in the back of the human mind about how many deaths motor vehicle cause?

Case in point. I a driving down the interstate the other day, doing a respectable 75 mph in the high speed lane. I have Joe Road Rage behind me, tailgating, waving his hands, and yelling at his windsheild because I was not going fast enough for him. He was getting mad. Of course, there was a line of cars in the middle lane going 70, so I could not get out of his way. Finally he found the smallest break in that line of cars to slide in speed up, and then squeeze back out in front of me, only to get stuck behind the car in front of me who was also going 75. All this time swearing and yelling (I blew him a kiss). What was the purpose? He did not get where he was going any faster.

And yes, there are plenty of morons driving, there are plenty of morons in the world, but does that mean you should get angry at them and engange in very risky behavior? You don't walk around and threaten, swear, and cut people off walking the mall do you?

I am Malach and I am relaxed.

4 comments:

Toyi said...

Oh I had one of those last week, I was waiting on my left to make a U turn, okay green arrow I go... has I start turning there come this car coming from the oposite lane right in my same lane (Oh basically he pased the light on red ) cause I still had the green arrow on.. he pushes the breaks and gets right behind me honking like crazy(as you can tell no other cars are coming cause he was the only idiot passing on red (I drive a manual 5 gear car) so the car takes few seconds to pick up speed, while I am on my 2 gear he gets tired to be behind my car and comes on my right side at my same speed and all I did was close my window and never looked at him.(Like it was my fault yeah right)maybe he didn't realized he crossed on red himself and alone.

Now same or worst stories in Latin America.

I don't know why vehicle make normally rational people into animals. I'm not like that.

The Angry Piper said...

Having been a passenger in the car of Malach the Merciless many times in years past, I can say he's a very good driver. Like Rain Man.

Especially if he's listening toProfessor Griff and the S1W's "Pawns in the Game." Then he really gets his drive on.

Or "Fuck tha Police" crusing the Ave.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0