Are you Registered to Vote?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

..Ok, for all you Massachusetts folks, this is expecially for you (but, the link is for everyone!).

Now, whilst I am not pleased with the way this American Government works, I still live in this country, and thus I will do my part both inside and outside the system. And part of that includes voting. While I'm hard pressed to believe that voting works, that will not stop me from doing so (how much does it hurt to take an hour or less and fill out a damn form?).

This year, I've even gone a step further. I actually just changed my party enrollment from unenrolled to....it hurts.....Democrat. Now, Hobbs is no Democrat. I don't believe in the 2 party system. I believe in a third option. BUT, I have temporarily changed my status, because there is a Primary on September 19th here in Mass, and I for one want to attempt a say in who gets to run for Governor of this fair commonwealth. I don't need to see another dick named Mitt running this place further into the ground. And I've grown very fond of Deval Patrick. So, I'm temporarily a Democrat.

My point in all this is, if you want to vote in this years Primary, you have to be registered by August 30th. And you have to be affiliated with one of the two parties (but you can change that later!). But there are plenty of elections, and we should all at least attempt to make our voice heard.

Here is a site that makes it quick and easy to register to vote, no matter what state you are in. Just fill out the forms, Print, and mail it in.

8 comments:

In this area you can temporarily enroll for the primaries, and unenroll as you leave the polls. I have done that plenty of times.

I have voted in every election I was eligible to since I was 18. And, like you, I had to choose one party that was "closest" to my political affiliation, even though I always voted based on the individual rather than the party.

I would like to see "Voting Day" made into a federal holiday so that everyone has an equal opportunity to vote. And I want another paid vacation day, damnit.

Toyi said...

You know in My country is mandatory to vote, so now that I can "elect" to vote or not, I will not do it... maybe someday.

The Angry Piper said...

Still alive, eh, Hobbs?

bring it, piper!

Tainted~Love said...

I vote every time I get a chance, ever since I was able to do so. One thing I've been thinking about lately is we need 2 Presidents. One for both parties. Sounds crazy ...right, but I really think it would be good for the people. *smiles*

Toyi said...

^ so we can have some entertaining DeathMatch...lol cool

Tainted~Love said...

Yeah Baby! Now that's what I'm talking about!

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0