Strippers used to draw large crowds at funerals

Wednesday, August 23, 2006




Five people have been detained in China for running striptease send-offs at funerals, state media say.


The once-common events are held to boost the number of mourners, as large crowds are seen as a mark of honour.

But the arrests, in the eastern province of Jiangsu, could signal the end of the rural tradition.

Local officials have since ordered a halt to "obscene performances" and say funeral plans have to be submitted in advance, Xinhua news agency said.

The arrests, in Donghai county, followed striptease acts at a farmer's funeral, the agency said.

Blah blah blah more stupid shit...; the article continues, go to the site if you want to read the rest.


Yet another example of people just missing the point.

Did any of these yahoos stop to think that the reason why having more people at your funeral increases your honor is because, you know, more people think highly enough of you to go to your funeral? If they all show up just to see some tits, how the fuck does that increase the honor of the deceased?!

Idiots.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Tits and Ass are a fine thing to have pretty much anywhere, and frankly if they want to do it, I say more power to them. But the whole stupidity of the reason why they are doing it makes my stomach hurt.

11 comments:

The Angry Piper said...

I love breasts.

Can I strip at your funeral?

Dr. Jen said...

Hey, sex sells. Look at the use of cheap thrills to sell everything from chewing gum to cars to breakfast bars. Maybe even more people would come if some men dropped their drawers at the funerals...aren't there more women in China than men anyway? What about at a homosexual male funeral? Maybe they don't want to see so much T&A. Maybe some franks and beans are in order.

Tainted~Love said...

I want a strip tease when I die! *smiles wickedly* Who cares who shows ...

But wow ...really I never knew about this, or heard of it before.

Toyi said...

oh yeah always fun for the boys only uhhh!

AP is going to be going to every Chinese funeral in New England.

Hey Dr. Jen, why are you not yet a full fledged WoW contributer? I sent you the invite.

Dr. Jen said...

Dear Malach: I have not yet received any such invite. Please resend so I can charm you with all of my contributions. Thanks :)

Poor Piper, he loves breasts, but the only one's he gets to play with are his own.

Toyi said...

^ lol

Dr. Jen said...

Don't let the Piper fool ya...he has stock in Purdue chicken farm.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0