If I were the leader of the free world.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The POWER!
As many of you know, I have a very popular thread at a forum called Dear Malach (enjoy reading, it's 1076 pages long). Many times, I answer silly or comedic questions, at times advice, and other times, people ask me my opinion on thangs. Today, I got a very interesting question, and decided to repost it, and the answer here, a bit more expanded. I am figure this should encourage some lively debate. Thanks to LinkMaster for the question (BTW link, you want to join WoW?).

Dear Malach,
If you could run this country, would you & how would you go about it?
First, I just noticed I did not answer the first part of the question which was would I take the job as president, my answer to that is I don't know.
If I were to become president, say right at this moment, this would be my focus, pretty much in order:
  1. The War of Terror: I would immediatly petition the UN and NATO for help, apologize for the actions of the previous administration, begin to rebuild our relationships with those countries and then get the UN and NATO involved in Iraq. With these two organizations I would develop a plan where the US, NATO, Iraq, and the UN, now become the rebuilding and democratization force in the Iraq, in a united front. The goal would be to stop spending US money in that money pit, in turn, begin repay our debt to the UN. The money saved from leaving Iraq, would be focused back into the US, and the next points. I would also strengthen NATO, by adding Isreal, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia, giving NATO and interesting twist. NATO would be a united force against terrorism, and the NATO agreement (essentially you attack on NATO country, you attack them all) would be developed for terrorist attacks. Then I would attempt to forge a UN/NATO plan to deal with terrorism, including China and Russia. A united world front of mutual protection against organizations like al-Quaida and Hezzbolah, and state like Iran would go a long way to limiting terrorist activites. I would also try to develop some type of working relationship with OPEC, and involve them in the Middle East peace process.
  2. Universal Health Care: Modelled on the Canadian plan. Every American would have health care, and the federal government would regulate costs by having insurances, drug companies, and healthcare providers bid on contracts. As for the cost, this would be partly off set by the money spent in Iraq, and offset by destroying programs like free care, and things like frivolous lawsuits. Even if I had to raise taxes, I am sure no one will mind for free health care. This will benefit both the individual citizens and business.
  3. Alternative Sources of Energy: Funding would be provided to find and develop alternative forms of cheap essentially unlimited and safe energy within a goal of 5 years.
  4. Scientific Research: Monies would be poured into genetic and stem cell research, with the goal of wiping out things like cancer, HIV/AIDS, and long term disability conditions (further alieviating heath care).
  5. Africa: Unlike the Middle East, Africa is not beyond democratization. Africa sits on tons of untapped resources. The US, inconjuction with the UN, would encourage and support democratic movements in these countries.
  6. China, India, Pakistan, Russia: Work with and invest in these coutries as they democratize. Work out better trade agreements. The US has a huge leg to stand on. Most of the trade in grains comes out of the US, which produces enough grain in a year to feed the world.
  7. Revamp the outdated drug laws in this country: Prisons and courts are overloaded with small time drug pushers. There needs to be a focus on rehabilatative methods as opposed to punisment.
  8. Revamp the Eduction Systems in this Country: They need to be designed much like European public schooling is, and all public education should be free.
  9. Immigration: Since it seems the main problem is with Latin America, I would set a date. Up to this date, anyone crossing the broder, as long as they can get past the minefields, the machine guns, and the hell hounds, become citizens. I would film the border and make a reality show of it. After that date, I would reduce Latin America to Nuclear slag, except for Panama.

I am Malach and I am still not old enough to run for president.

10 comments:

Hojo said...

You will be by the time the next election rolls around.

Malach/Murk in '08!

Well that one vote . . . will you be 18 at the time?

Hojo said...

I will.

Toyi said...

That sounds like BLA BLA BLA and more BLA BLA BLA!! eh eh just kidding, here another question... why do you think that what you are saying is going to become true? jk jk

We don't need you vote . . . just wait, Murk and I hatched an idea last night . . . announcements coming soon!

Tons of old money would pay for such a great speech. But the truth of the matter is that you'd only be another puppet on a string. It's the administration behind the face that pushes their agendas and that would leave you to answer for all of it.

So...my question is, who would you pick for Vice President and why? Who else would be on your cabinet?

Murk and Malach in '08!!! More info to come!

just me, Secretary of War!

Toyi said...

Can I be the white house speaker?

No, you can be our Drug Czar.

Me?? Secretary of War?? Hmmm....Lawd have mercy on the souls when I PMS!

Nah.....I don't think that War is my thing. Can I be in charge of the environmental research and protection department?

And Super Star HAS to do the education reform.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0