Cars

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saw Cars today . . . and now my thoughts.

If you have kids, or know some kids to kidnap for a couple of hours, take them to see Cars. My 3 and 4 year old thouroughly enjoyed it and were transfixed for a fairly long Disney/Pixar Movie, and this was their first time to the theatre. Kids will love this movie. The theatre was packed with both kids and adults, and nary a sound could be heard from about 100 kids.

As for those of us over the age of 10, if you like the Pixar/Disney stuff, you will like this. Other reviews have stated that it is Pixars best movie ever, that I don't agree, but when is the last time you have seen a bad Pixar movie? I detest Owen Wilson, and he plays the main character, and I still enjoyed it. Another reason to go? If you are a NASCAR fan, there are plenty of funny in jokes, that only someone familiar with NASCAR will get. Catered of course to the adults.

The basic premise, a up and coming yet vain rookie race car, Lightning McQueen, is taking the Piston Cup by storm. He is tied in points with the old verteran whose won the most times (modeled after Richard Petty) and the guy who has been runner up all these years (bearing the disposition and physical characteristics of Dale Earnhardt Sr.) going into the final race of the season for the coveted Piston Cup. They end up tie in this race, a first ever, and they decide to hold a 150 lap three car race to determine the final champ the next week. Of course Lightning feels he has it in the bag even though he fired his pit crew in the middle of the race.

Lightning thinks he is the one responsible soley for the wins and season, loads up and heads to California. His trailer truck, begins to haul him cross country. Lightning pushes him, too far, the truck falls asleep and Lightning falls off the back, ending up in a small town on Rt. 66. His attitude change commences as he gets to know the town folk, and typical Disney plot twist occur, etc, etc. I won't ruin the rest for you.

Great characters, funny lines, and of course, typical Disney/Pixar plot devices, you'll love it. The animation is by far the best Pixar has done, some of the shots are simply breathtaking. Interesting commentary also about the loss of the small town, environmental concerns, and nostalgia for the good old days. Larry the Cable Guy steals the movie as Mater the tow truck. And the "cow tipping" scene, substituting cows with tractors is some of the funniest stuff Pixar has done. The ending credits; stay, funny, funny, funny.

Malach gives it ***1/2

I am Malach, and I killed Roger Ebert.

10 comments:

Toyi said...

Thanks for the Info & will tell my cousin

Andy T. Nguyen said...

Yes! First WOW movie review...maybe I should do one on Click since I went to see it today...

Go for it, that should be interesting, I have hear good things about Click.

Christopher said...

I'm going to review The Wizard of Oz!!!

Sorry, I meant I haven't heard good things about Click.

Perhaps the Angry Piper could start adding adult movie reviews to his book review work.

Like Saving Ryan's Privates?

I would never presume to suggest which erotica the AP should review. I will leave it to his, er, "mastery", of the subject.

The Sorid Tales of the Guynincologist?

TwistedDarkness said...

I liked Cars a lot, but like every Pixar movie, it got really sappy towards the end.

It was so sweet I'd suggest diabetics to stay away from it.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0