Chargers v. Pats, a Plug, and a Anti Plug

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Go F*ck Yourself San Diego.
Yes, that is a new greeting for all the Chargers fans out there who come to the WoW. No serious, this is going to be a hard fought game. But I must tell you this, this reminds me awful lot of the first Super Bowl win, where the Pats faced the Rams. I might eat my words, but Patriots 21, Chargers 17.

A Plug.
My son, got a Leapster L-Max for his birthday. Let me first say, he loves it, and as a 5 year old, this is the perfect handheld video game system for him. On top of that it is also "educational", but I won't hold that against them. Well, about a month or so after he got it, it brokedown. So I e-mailed LeapFrog support, and they gave me a few troubleshooting things to try with it. They did not fix it. They then asked me to call, to get it fixed. I did. Not only were they extremely nice, and helpful, Leapster is replacing the L-Max with a new one for free. I love LEAPFROG!

An Anti Plug.
Go fuck yourself Dartmouth Motor Inn. Malach is currently working with a traumatic brain injured (TBI) gentleman who is also chronically homeless. I am not going to describe this man in detail as he is infamous in the local area. So, one of problems is that this man only qualifies for certain head injury services, services that are slow moving services (this is another blog). This gentleman also hates the rules of living in a shelter (he was at one, but left). In addition, the gentlemen, who makes decent money on disability, fails unsupervised living situations: He always get evicted for drugs, inviting in big time drug dealers (was raised in that type of environment), and messiness too an extreme. Being TBI, he has limits to his mobility, and his IQ is boderline mentally retarded, but becuase the brian injury occured when he was 19, he is much more knowledgable and wise than someone with that typical IQ.

To make a long story short, after he left the shelter he dissappeared, while missing I got him hooked up with the state inury program, I just needed him to fill out an application; so I have spent the past 2 weeks combing the city looking for him. Well as might know, it has been like spring around here weather wise, except for the past couple days when it has been in the upper 20's to lower 30's. So I found him yesterday, he was cold. I got him to fill out the application and then needed a place for him to stay for the next week or so. He was willing to pay for a hotel to avoid a shelter. He specifically wanted to stay at the Dartmouth Motor Inn as that was close to places he could get himself to for food and company.

I called and told them I wanted a room for 2 weeks, they gave me a price. I told them it was for a client of mine, that I needed to pick up a check for the room from his rep payee, and if it was ok to pay by check. They said fine. So, Malach drove 30 miles to pick up the check, back to the city to pick up the client, and out the the Dartmouth Motor Inn.

They refused to take the check. They "don't take checks", even though they specifically said they would. It was not even a personal check, it was a check out of a trustee account. I even instructed them to call the local bank and see if the check would bounce. Still refused. They refused 500 dollars of business.

So, never go the the Dartmouth Motor Inn. Beyond them being run by idiot assholes, they are also a haven for prostituion and drugs.

I am Malach and I hate the Dartmouth Motor Inn.

3 comments:

A haven for prostituion and drugs, eh? Looks like it's time to make a reservation.

I seriously doubt that the Pats will be able to hold San Diego to 17 points. I think LT, by himself, might score 17 points purely by accident. On the other hand, I'm rooting for the Pats.

So my prediction is that the Pats win, but it's at the last minute with a much higher score, like 31 to 28 or something.

What does Dr. Murk on Sports think?

They thought you were a cop.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0