2 Rants and a few plugs.

Friday, November 03, 2006

First, the plugs.
Malach has reopened his website store. I have made it much more navigable, easier to purchase crap, and added a second party to do t-shirts. After some research, Malach has abandoned his Cafe Press idea and went with 99dogs.com instead. Why, they offer items at much cheaper production rates, have a better markup for me, and I like their store much better, the store is live, but I am waiting for approval on the two Tees before the item appear. So while we are here, please post in comments what you would like to see for tees . . I am designing a few this week. Also anyone publishing comics through me, I will not use any of you characters for individual tees, but will use them is general Stool Sample Webcomics stuff. I would suggest, that if you want to sell tees, sign up for an account, make a store, and I will link everything to the store page.

Speaking of webcomics, I will be loading up some new ones from Space Ghost today. Palmer also intimated, he would be sending me a few too. Fat Bug is getting close.

Another plug? Most of the Angry Pipers Tales of WoW are now up. I am still looking for the others, any help would be appreciated.

MassHealth
MassHealth is the state MA statewide insurance for those who have no insurance, are disabled or unemployed. The Romney admnistraion has made some major changes to the free care part of MassHealth (ie the part for those Unemployed or Unisured). To break it down simply, they are now 4 insurance companies providing the medical insurance for MassHealth, everyone on it has to pay some type of premium, even if it is only $1 a month. CoPays are mostly free, the only exception is Emergencey Services.

Now for example, and family of 4 who falls in the up to $60,000 range who is uninsured, will get CommonHealth (the MassHealth program covering this) for $238 a month. This is nice, but here is my problem.

Basically, now, I could quit my full time job, do the webdesign I am doing, take my kids out of daycare, and pay the $238 a month, and make more money than I am now with the full time job. Sad no. What is really killing me right now is daycare. It is close to $800 a month, and that is with a federal subsidy.

So here is what I propose. MA, provide this insurance for everyone in the state. Have pay based upon their income. Employer will no longer have to carry health insurance, saving them a ton of money, then you have them pay into this program. This will cut costs dramtically for employers, raise salaries, and be a inviting place for employers to come have a business. Business could pay into a day care pool, so people like me don't have to worry about where the Hell I am going to get an extra $10,000 so I can work.

The AL Gold Glove at Short Stop.
OK, now we all realize I am huge Red Sox fan. Tell me this: HOW IN THE WORLD DID DERRICK JETER WIN THIS? Now don't get me wrong, Jeter is a great player and deserves MVP this year, but Gold Glove? Alex Gonzalez should not only have won this, but blown the competition way. Let compare shall we?

Jeter: 610 Catches, 214 Put Outs, 381 Assists 15 Errors, 81 Double Play, .975 Fielding %, 4.14 Range Factor, .810 Zone Rating. In 150 Games

Gonzalez: 475 Cathes, 163 Put Outs, 305 Assists, 7 Errors, 68 Double Plays, .985 Fielding %, 4.36 Range Factor, .863 Zone Rating in a 111 game.

Not even close.

I am Malach and I want your body

2 comments:

Andy T. Nguyen said...

Maybe when my connection is better. Leeching currently and it can't handle my email account. It fears it.

You could always load them on photobucket and PM them to me.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0