Voice of Reason

Friday, April 28, 2006

Far be it from me to be the voice of reason. I disagree with everyone on the immigration issue.

1. Coming into this counrty illegally is a crime. Do you know what the police in other countries do to people when their papers aren't in order?

2. Speaking of papers, it is not just a matter of "filling out a few papers". I have 4 personal immigration stories. I'll share one. In 1973, my wife was brought over from Viet Nam at the age of 6 months old. She would have been here sooner, but immigration kept fouling up the papers and asking for verification that the (at the time) 2 month old little girl was not an active member of the communist party. Seriously. They helod up the paperwork for a long time. Not nearly as long as my sister in law from Columbia. That's been about 2 years.

3. The illegal immigrants are here now, we can't stop them from getting in, and they're taking jobs, not paying taxes and getting free healthcare somehow. This isn't Wal Mart and we cant just return them for cash or exchange them. We need to make use of them.

Here's my idea.

If you enter this country to work, you are issued a 3 year work visa. You work for the government under government supervision doing public works stuff, like highway cleaning, city beautification, sewer maintenance and other menial labor for a per diem and government housing, with liquor stores and gun shops on every corner...

Wait, nevermind. I think this is already being done by Tropicana.

But seriously.

There is no way to close the borders at this point and no way to relocate all of these illegal immigrants. We are vulnerable to terrorist infiltration and cheap labor forcing our own citizens out of jobs. Juts watch reruns of friends and shut the fuck up until we have another 911 or an economic collapse.

In other words, enjoy life and let the immigrants bitch. I have what I want and let's see them come get it if they can. BUT, lets neither side of the aisle propose stupid plans like automatic citizenship or deporting everyone. I'm not paying for that.

Murk

10 comments:

Many immigrants are already doing what you suggest.

Christopher said...

????

What? They're shutting the fuck up and watching friends?

My suggestions were srcastic, Malach the Stupid!!!

You're an immigrant! Pig!

Anonymous said...

HYPE PLEASE! MORE HYPE!!!!

AngryMan said...

I think that we can control the border, and I think that it is time that we control the border. We can't do anything about illegal immigration until we control the border, that's a fact.
I don't have a problem with immigration, but I do have a problem with illegal immigration because they undercut wages and put extended pressure on an underfunded public service system. I understand why they come over, but we have to do a better job handling who comes in and with expediting the process. I mean, if hardworking people want to come over, we should get them in quickly.

Christopher said...

AgrayMain,

Do you live near the mexican border? It's HUGE. There's no way to competely seal off a land border.

We could do a better job, yes, but it wouldn't really stop the problem

"MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Mexico's Congress on Friday approved a bill decriminalizing possession of small quantities of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and even heroin for personal use, prompting U.S. criticism that the measure could harm anti-drug efforts."

Man, forget about illegal immigration now. Those guys aren't even going to be able to FIND the border, never mind jump it.

Nice, I am off you mexico!

Toyi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toyi said...

^ sorry that was me, I overlooked a mistake, here again

Murk I think you are moraly right, but this country also subject to negotiate for money & I mean if you are familiar with US inmigration laws... if you are illegal you have the chance to become legal through the system because allows you..

"If you entered illegally and you want to process a work permit, all you need to do is give us your paperwork through a lawyer and pay a $1000 fine...."

If US was a bit more hearted instead of looking at inmigration as a new way to get money...

You are also right.. if you want to become a citizen in a different country you will probably get a hard time... in the other hand all it takes here in US if you are resident about 5 years of taxes $350 dollars and your life when the country asks for it.

AngryMan said...

I'm not talking about sealing it off, I'm just saying that any reform that we make legislatively will be useless until we control the border itself.

TOYI:
I don't think that your assessment is legally correct. Being here illegally is pretty much going to get you deported, although I could be wrong about your first offense. But what I typed is definitely true if you have been previously deported. Also, the cost of BICE is disproportionate to any possible money made through imposing fines. Also, imposing fines are tricky to do because of all the constitutional provisions about ex post facto laws

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0