Toyi's War experience Chapter VII

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

What went on during 80’s? The assassination of MonSeñor Romero he was someone who really cared for his town, he gets his honors for that sacrisfice.
Then the Massacre of Sumpul River
Things start getting more dangerous than usual, by that time Gov was almost 100% positive that the National University of El Salvador was lifting insurgency underground or supporting militant groups, there were indeed isolated groups that rose from Law school, and some intelligence fed in satisfaction based on facts, School Teachers were going to strikes very often and demanding better salary and benefits from the Government, the streets were full of protesters and these peaceful walking would become agitated & violent.
Well what was happening at home? I was around 6-7 years old and I didn’t feel like missing my mother, but I think I was unintentionally, it was very sad for me to see my dad leave home everyday, because I was very afraid to lose him, I was a bit older but my brother was 3 years old and that age is highly demanding for love and attention, he knew that Dad could not come back alive ‘cause believe it or not, kids listen to adult conversations and that was one of my Grandma’s concern, it was painful for him and also made my dad sad every time he left, my brother would wake up cranky every morning and by the time dad was at the door saying bye; my Granny always had to pull him aggressively from my Dad’s pants & he would cry for the longest time after Dad was gone, sometimes he would do messes just to have my dad delayed a bit, or would intentionally dirty Dad’s pants to have him come back and change, Dad knew it was all about “not letting him go” and it was very sad for him too because was lot of terrorism and random bombing anywhere.
Well they would let us come to the door and say bye then come back inside the house, the front doors of our house were made out of strong wood & Grandpa had made some strong door blockers that would reinforce the door to prevent door breakage from outside forces or at least to delay their way in, oh we hated that door blocker noise ‘cause those door blocker were very heavy and we were specifically instructed not to touch them ‘cause if one fell on our heads it would definitely kill us. Here a picture of my brother and I saying bye to my dad on daily basis.

4 comments:

This is a good alitteration for what is going on in Iraq now.

Toyi said...

check that lock out, the key was a traditional key, it was like 6 inches long, the house was 300 year old and some of the coulmds inside are petrified.

Tainted~Love said...

what a cute picture babe. *smiles*

Toyi said...

oh yeah, if there is something my Dad always carried was a "camera" we have tons of pictures, he could've been dying and flashing pictures. Well he only could take pictures of us, otherwise he wouldn't be alive by now lol

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0