A Discourse on Thought

Sunday, December 03, 2006

A brief introduction:

Against my personal beliefs, I made a MySpace a few months ago. I really dislike this land of perversion, and I have noticed that the blog system seems...dead. There is nothing other than "OMG MY SURVAY" and "MY LIEF RELLI SUKZ," and there is not even a bloody spell check. You, my WoWees, know I will not stand for that. I have been singlehandedly trying to rock the MySpace blogosphere with posts that are not shallow meanderings into the world of some "SEXI DOOD LOK AT MY SIX PAC ROFL." The following is my latest MySpace blog post.

Here it is, My Discourse on Thought:

'"Don't you hate that?"
"What?"
"Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bulls*** in order to be comfortable?"
"I don't know. That's a good question."
"That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence."'

-
Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction



Have you ever been thinking, and I mean really thinking, and then have somebody talk to you? It's even more frustrating when you can't get back as deep into your mind as you were. Some would accept it as a random distraction and go on with their day, but you should know me better than that.

Thought to me is the most pure element of one's self. We think in a language that only we can understand, and though thoughts aren't always clean (I'm looking at you, Piper) they are the closest thing to perfection within a human. Our intelligence, our creativity, our very individuality is contained within and influenced by our thought process. What separates genius from insanity? Romantic from realist? Poet from scientist? The way one's thoughts affect his or her preferences, of course.

The problems occur when we are forced back into the physical. The more we think, the more complex our thought - such is with all activities. However, when one is interrupted mid-thought it requires the same amount of time to reach the depth of thought before the interruption occurred. Though the interrupting party may have only been making small talk, he or she effectively crushed the thoughts of the thinker, seeing as how many thoughts are simply tangents of previous thoughts with an added layer of profundity. One thought may never be thought again, and the ascending levels after that are closed for eternity.

Why does speech cripple thought in such a forceful way? When we translate our purest element, Thought, into human tongues we unavoidably mar that purity with the filth of humanity. This essay is not as it was originally intended because it is transcribed into a language of inevitably imperfect human understanding.

Often I am asked why I am so reserved, aloof from the world around me. Do not take it as insult, for I am merely in thought. One should take note not to mess with the quiet person, for they could at any moment be at a level unattainable by the people around them. Writers, poets, artists, scientists, and philosophers - all are forged in silence. Inspiration comes from the inside's reaction to the outside.

I take great pity on the talkative, who require stimulation to be stimulated. How ironic it is that the most knowledgeable voice their knowledge the least, yet the ignorant are often the most outspoken. As I have stated previously, genius is often born from silence. Einstein's Theory of Relativity was a compounded thought, so would it be unwise to assume that the cure for cancer or AIDS won't be found in dialogue? I believe the great philosopher Bazooka Joe put it best when he wrote, "Quiet people aren't the only ones who don't say much."

2 comments:

My problem is that my thought, general consist of multiple thoughts at once.

Toyi said...

II tell Malach that the only place I talk a lot is here or unless someone gets into something I do have an opinion about, but I generally don't start anything 'cause I don't like to instigate debates or anything about something cause I don't like to anounce my thoughts that bad, yet I must admit that is a bit frustrating cause I do have deep thinking and I realize how short language could be to say exactly what I am thinking. Friends call me "the woman of short talk and long thinking" and my silence is not a rest for my mind, its actually working harder.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0