What the Hell has happened to Red Sox Nation?

Monday, October 22, 2007

But first.
The first rule of Waffle House Fight Club is talk about Waffle House Fight Club with everyone you know, the more media the better.

And something to intensify Palmer's Phobias.

The Pink Hats
This is not the Red Sox Team I grew up with. This is not my father's Red Sox Team. This is not my Grandfather's Red Sox Team (who never experienced a championship in his 70+ year life). This is not the same Red Sox Nation, the fatalistic, Curse of the Bambino, their killin' my summah whiners. Where have they gone? They have been replaced by pink hatted blonde bomb shell (who fit better in those old Fenway Seats anyway).

Gone are the suicides after a errror to lose a game on a stupid or 10th inning homer. Gone is the live every game like it's the last game of the World Series attitude. Gone are the riots after a big win that kills someone in the streets of Boston. Look at J. D. Drew. He comes here we are expecting big things, he has the worst season of his life, yet, he still lives. This would not have happened prior to 2004. What's this, good pitching? Gone are the days of big sluggers on mediocre relief or "closer by committee".

What happened to the Curse? Well evidently the Yankees now have it, and by some of the things that happened in yesterday's game, so is Cleveland (CLEVELAND ROCKS, CLEVELAND ROCKS). Have you ever seen Drew Carey cry.

We no longer fear the Yankees, we no longer feel we are going to give it away with 1 out and 1 strike away from a Championship.

I kind of like it.

And to make things even more surreal, the Patriots have become almost obscene, I actually felt bad for their competition for the first time ever. Is it possible that the Sox win the Series, Pats win the Superbowl, Celtics win the Title, the lowly Bruins win the Cup, and BOSTON COLLEGE WINS A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP all within a year of each other.

The Pats won their first the year my son was born, The Pats and Sox won in 2004, the year my daughter was born, well, got no kids on the way this year, that I know of . . .

I am Malach and I am cured.

4 comments:

Hojo said...

Malach has mystical seed!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to plan kids around games.

Hojo said...

Tell me when the next kid is on deck so I can make some money.

Malach has kids? Did you adopt them you sodomite?

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0