Poeime Time

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Urchin

Don the immobile orb of insanity.
Pray for sun and clouds.
Wake and still be dreaming.
Rest is not allowed.

Dream and wake unrested.
Rest and never dream.
In mirrors some are tested.
Reflections never seen.

The house of the mind slopes entirely wrong
And in trenches cells wage war for silence
But all that's heard is screaming, screaming, screaming.
Awake and still dreaming.

Long and away from the tidy passages of rules and books
Lies the home of the Urchin,
And he feeds on reason and
Cares for nothing.

Somehow he survives long after reason is gone.
The immobile orb of insanity already donned.
Colaspe and be eaten.
Why fight a reflection?
True hope is rejection.

5 comments:

What is a Poeime?

I snap my fingers in sheer poetic delight. Dig it, daddy-o.

Anonymous said...

A fancy poem.

Eve said...

I like this one Christopher!

Look, I don't speak for Christopher, but I think you're all being a bit too easy on him. I mean, he made up a word and wrote a poem about it.

"Ooooh! Poetic! URCHIN! Oooooh!" We all know you made that up.

Asshole.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0