What a scam!!!

Monday, February 19, 2007

uhmmm, you know I am sooo through with Airlines, I travel regularly out of the country and the scams are always handy, now I realize that is not only to travel out of the country but also in local flights.
Well is incredible how things change and I don't understand why this hasn't been caught by any bureau yet.
In old days a person was used to book a flight and that was it, you pick where you want to sit, even the rates where more stable being permanent for at least 2 or 3 days etc etc.
Now a days, you go on line and try to buy a flight, the rates change any minute and even change from seat to seat, the worst thing is that you are buying a seat that is not yours because I believe after 911, airlines have claim nothing else but losses, yet let me tell you that I do believe is backwards.

By my own experience and because I also buy the tickets for family members, I have realize that airlines are only winning lots out of this, here the trick... and please have it very present when you travel, If the airline is telling you to be there within 3 hours for check up, you better be there right 3 hours before... otherwise you could be sent home.
This is what they do, e.i. If the plane has 100 seats, the airline will book 200 or so... the 1st 100 people to check up will be the ones to go, everybody else (the ones who came 2 hours or so before departure time) will be sent home or as they wish; placed in the next plane, charge a fee (for being late) and also charge the difference in rate for the flight that they will be boarding. So just figure, if 30 people were left and desired to take the next plane... that plane will be already overbooked plus 30 more seats taken.... we can assume 30 people in the next flight will be left + the ones who where overbooked and got there less than 3 hours to departure time, What the airlines are lossing? Nothing, nothing, the customers are.. we are, we end up paying more plus receiving a bad customer service.

That happened to me in a trip to Florida, thank God that I fought and got to flight the next day with no fees or increases, but I guess I was just a little lucky, but other friends of mine have not had the same luck, so....
Remember, next time you travel, make sure to be there 3 hours earlier not less... so you are sure that the Airline will not give you its back.

3 comments:

It is more the internet that has done this.

Tainted~Love said...

That's nuts. Glad you didn't get ripped off.

Toyi said...

all ticket purchases are performed in the internet, even Travel agencies do it on line.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0