Confrontation at the South Gate

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It was so dark that night. Darker for him than it was for me, I suppose. I was alone, waiting in bitter silence. Even though I had been told exactly what to do and what to say, I still felt the nervousness pour over me like the fear a child senses in the sheer unknown.

I could see him getting closer and closer to me and I knew I had to follow through with the task I had been assigned. I had been stationed there to obtain his precious secrets or commit the ultimate crime.

Or both.

As he approached, I started to feel sorry for him. He had no idea what was about to happen and there was not enough light for him see the way.

He had built the floor upon which he now walked and he knew its shape and form better than anyone else... especially me.

I simply could not stand for that any longer. I had spent enough time in the shadows, chasing my just and lawful rewards.

Deep inside, I knew there was no way he was going to tell me what I wanted to hear. I knew that I was going to have to kill him and then dispose of the body, hopefully never to be found. I knew that once the implement of my jealous intentions was placed within my grasp, I would have no choice but to use it.

I feared the time had come for me to take a life and, perhaps, face the consequences.

Once he was close enough, I forcefully took hold of him and noticed the startled look that flashed across his face. His body tightened and his knees started to give out. Clearly, this man had never faced such a situation. It was an odd combination of feelings to both hold him up and take him down.

In that moment, it became clear to me that I finally had the advantage over this "great master."

As I insisted, he resisted. As I pushed back, he moved forward. As I pleaded, he denied. I warned him once, twice, three times, but it was not enough. He tried to move past me again, and so I dealt what I thought was the final blow.

I was wrong and then I retreated into the darkness to await my brother's summons. The guilt grew strong as I listened to the pain that he faced in the west.

When at last the deed was done, we moved, marked and buried the body. We listened to the voices within the winds condemning us forever. There was no place to hide and when we were caught, I called out in pain as I realized what I had done.

And then, it was over as soon as it had begun.

10 comments:

So your the guy who killed Pat Morita

Yes, but I knew him as Master Udon. He wanted to crown me The King Of Karate... OR SO I THOUGHT.

Tainted~Love said...

I liked this ...hummm *giggles*

Toyi said...

horrible things put on nice wording...

GO AWAY SATAN!!!

Anonymous said...

F U LADY.

Christopher said...

FUYCKING BON JOVI!!!!

I loved it.

Malach, put on the fiction page.

Do you want it one the fiction page? Also, can I load SpaceFarmer's office battles on Stool Sample Webcomics?

You absolutely can!

Toyi said...

Can't touch it!!!

taaaaa dadada tada tada, taaaaaaaa dadada tada tada

Is that why the cherry blossoms didn't bloom that year?

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0