The Spin

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nothing gets me all sexy like a little politics. As you all know by now, I lean right and you all mostly lean left. All kidding aside, there are reasons why both parties draw votes, and both parties have a real and important place representing people like you and me.

So what the hell are they doing putting these candidates out for us? In a country of nearly 300 million people, THESE are the most fit to lead?

Let's say I slip up and accidentally agree with most of you that Bush must go. Actually, he must. He can't legally serve another consecutive term. We need a replacement and the challenges are daunting.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust these candidate to lead my cat. I like my cat. I wouldn't wish that on her. Seriously. I can't stand any of them. Do I have some that I definitely would vote against? Yes. Unfortunately, you can't vote against, you must vote for. If only we could roll out a vote of no confidence on all of them and make both parties reselect.

This is like two drunk gamblers trying to bluff with a six high. Someone's going to win, but not because they deserve to.

Let me get your attention here. NO ONE IS DIRECTLY ADDRESSING ANY ISSUES. Crap, lie to me, even, but don't wink and wait for the camera to pan left. No one is taking a stand except on issues that really don't matter, like pther candidates personalities.

What about foreign policy? The comming global recession? Climate change? Energy crisi? Hell, I'd even like to hear about Going to Mars. Here's the problem. Every candidate agrees:

1. Out of Iraq.
2. Peace talks in Palestine.
3. People need money.
4. Government cheese needs funding.

Now.. i gots to go.

2 comments:

I'll second that motion. Well played, sir. Well played.

Toyi said...

ditto.
As you said, I probably will vote if there was a way to "vote against" but since you have to "vote for" I pass...

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0