More on Malach Energy Savings

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Malach the greenie
Many of you know Malach began in April gradually replacing all his incandescent bulbs with energy savers in his home. At this point 98% of the bulbs are done (the one remains are old fixtures and the bulbs don't fit). So, here is where we are at (billing dates for 2006/2007):

April: 712 KWZ (2006) 640 KWZ (2007). This was with only about 50% of the bulbs replaced by the end of the month. In addition spring was very mild so the heat was not on at all in 2007 (Forced air, uses Electricity).
May: 690 KWZ (2006) 664 KWZ (2007). By the end of the month of May 98% of the bulbs were replaced
June: 710 KWZ (2006) 715 KWZ (2007). Strange? Not really, Early Summer was very hot this year, and I had the Central Air on for about a week and ceiling fans on most of the month. Last year, it was pretty mild.
July: 736 KWZ (2006) 658 KWZ (2007)

So comparing the two quarters from 2006 and 2007, I have a savings of 171 KWZ, which comes out to $19.99503 is savings. Extrapolate that to a year? $59.98509 over the average 5 lifespan of the bulbs? $299.925445. Not bad. I will keep you updated as I continue with this experiment.
By the way, Wal-Mart sells these bulbs, both the spiral and globe in three packs from $7 to $10 depending on the size and style.

I am Malach and Al Gore had nothing on me.

12 comments:

That's great that you are doing that and I applaud your enviromentally friendly ways.

But damn dude, that is one boring post.

This comment has been removed by the author.

Yup. I'm going to bury it.

Bored, I am just trying to be helpful . . . I can't be helpful?

Just don't be Helpful Critic.

I'm buying candles made out of recycled wax.

Yes, you can be helpful, but try to spice it up a little. It was like reading the side of a cereal box.

Sorry I am no Cap'n when it comes to ACTION!

Toyi said...

man I agree with AV, not even a Christian is that boring eh eh

helpful critic said...

Murk, we shall gnaw on your corpse

Wow, the Helpful Critic makes a long awaited Cameo.

SHUT!!!! UP!!!!

helpful critic said...

GNAW GNAW GNAW MURK!
WE ARE COMING FOR YOU LIKE RAVENOUS PENGUINS!!!
WE SHALL DINE ON YOUR ENTRAILS, AND DISCUSS HOW HORRID THEY TASTE

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0