Life Is: The Town Drunk

Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm a cold morning song away from freezing and so I need money. Shelterfood coffee free and easy to get maybe a shower today. No shower. No hot water. No coffee. Just food. Fine. Need some money.

Oh cute when you and your daughter cross the street more human than me. I can take it. I was in the war but that was years ago and maybe I wasn't who knows I'm not telling you anyways. Raining. A shower after all. Two dollars, thank you sir, God bless you. A cup of coffee now. No need to rush I have all day and coffee will help the headache I already have cigarettes. Look at me. Look at me. Look at me. They never look at me like I'm invisible. Maybe I can do anything. No one looks at me. How'd you know to step over me without looking?

Fat bastard. I could make ten suits out of his. You eat everyday fat boy? I'll eat you for dinner if you don't put down your phone and stop laughing at me inside you asshole. Get a job?

"Call Jenny Craig." Oh shit. Of course he can see me. No one else looks but here he comes and he's ten times bigger than me I'd hate to spill my coffee run. Ha! Look at the fatboy chase me. I can still run. My head is splitting but I can run from him or the cops and dentists. You heard me. Dentists come and take you off the street to practice at the local clinic only they don't ask and you have to run.

Five dollars thank you ma'am God bless you you fucking make up counter. Two more dollars. I love the park. I love my naked foot all bloody and green. Move to the bandstand and maybe catch a nap but leave the sign out no there's a dog. I hate dogs. Lay in the sun on the grass and sing my cold cold morning song with the dirty words and have a talk with officer Brown again about my singing and the families with their kids and ten dollars, well God bless you officer Brown and I will use it for food I promise. A good man officer Brown when he's not dragging you to the carpet and twisting your arm into his shiney freaking handcuffs smelling of Lectric Shave Aqua Velva.

No that's quite enough God bless you sir. It's lunch time already at the office. No time to eat. Lunch is served and ten dollars and God bless you and it's steak and cheese and a limo ride uptown and a shower and a new home. No it's a bottle of whatever's on sale. Oh! Fine by me fine by me. The world is my house how romantic. Perhaps a trip to the lue and retire to the den for the special cigarette.

Winter is dark early and there's no barrel fire tonight because the cops are running things and I can't seem to get warm. The shelter's not serving because of the booze and we're all out in the cold again so it's off to the steam tunnels. I'll let you have the other half of that funny cigarette with me and we'll split your bottle and eat the rest of this sandwich where did I get that from again?

My ribs are sharper than the ground I wonder. Never been afraid of being alone so go on if you're going to stay up and take the bottle it's yours anyway I think I'm tired. What a great sleep it is to dream but I rarely do except when I'm dry and exhausted which is never and always so I hardly dream ever. It's warm but not safe here who cares I'm tired and no one will make any of this go away that east but my shoe. I don't want to lose my one good shoe.

5 comments:

Wow, you would think your the one who works with the homeless.

Observant, random and sad.

Christopher said...

I almost went insane just writing it.

Whah whah whah, cockboy. Try living that experience.

Anonymous said...

ANSWER YOUR TELEPHONE. thank you.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0