Save some money, save the environment

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Many of you know . . .
Malach, back in April began changing all the bulbs in his home to compact flourescent, eventually getting as much of his 2000 square foot house as he could (about 96%) with those bulbs (Wal*Mart has good deals on this, 3 packs for $10). So, I was updating how much less energy I was using, and money I was saving, but I haven't done that in a while, so here it goes.

Last year from the billing period of April 06 - September 06, my house used 5335 KWH costing $578.21. This same period from 2007: 4732 KWH, costing $512.85 saving $65.36 and 603 KWH. This also considers we had a hot summer this year, and I ran my central air for a longer period of time than I normally would. Also, I did not have a full complement of energy saving bulbs until the first week of June, so some of this is a little skewed. Still extrapolate it out for a year comes to approximately $130. Now, I spent this on bulbs, but the bulbs are guaranteed for 5 years . . .

The winter will be interesting as my heating system burns more electricity than gas. I will keep you updated.

You heard it here first
Patriots 38 Colts 24

10 comments:

FreeOscar said...

All I know is that the picture I came to see of Mrs. Kucinich is now below this post. Therefore, I will not read it.

Cash said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

LONG LIVE THE REVOLUTION!

Toyi said...

wow you "Do: have AC? i only time I have been in MA none of the houses I visited except one had AC... most of people we visited had fans or AC boxes but no Central Air instalation in those houses...
I asked whyy, and they said well most of the year is cold in MA so AC is rarely used... o-0

Mike said...

We have been slowly changing over to the compact fluorescents too and with the exception of one bad batch of them (2 bulbs died within days of installation), it has been pretty painless.

Anonymous said...

My old man changed all of our bulbs over too. Not sure if he has added up the savings yet or not.

Knowing him he has.

Central Air came with the house, during the peak of summer, it get very hot and humid around here (90+ with 90% humidity. I only use the AC for extended heat waves, and it is much more economical than the little units.

Sara Sue said...

Malach is GREEN!!

all of this is counter acted by the fact that you shop at WalMart.

Better to heat your house by burning tires

Malach you are still a fag terrorist and going to Hell.

I admit my addiction to Wal Mart

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0