Playing Favorites?

Friday, November 09, 2007


I’ve been spending so much time on the road lately, working with all the Presidential campaigns, that I finally put in a purchase order for a deluxe RV. It arrived Monday, and has a widescreen tv, boiling sulphur hot tub, and a real coal fireplace. As an added bonus, it only gets two and a half miles a gallon. I love it!

I was parked in a Wal*Mart RV park in Iowa setting up my new mobile office when Mitt Romney barged through the door. He had a wild look in his eye.

“What the fudge are you doing?” he demanded angrily.

“The Dark Lord’s work on Earth, same as you,” I replied with a grin. “Why?”

“Don’t bring Cheney into it!” Mitt growled. “You know what I mean. You’ve been up to no good! I’ve spent months trying to solidify my Right-Wingnut Base by brown-nosing Pat Robertson, and now he’s gone and endorsed that freak Rudy Guiliani!”

Well, yes, of course I knew that was what he was talking about. I just like yanking Mitt’s chain. If you do it hard enough his ears turn the most amazing shade of crimson.

“Have a seat, Mitt,” I said sternly. You can only let these folks go so far, after all, before you remind them to whom they’re speaking. Mitt sat.

“Pat endorsed Rudy,” I said. “You have a problem with that?”

“It’s insane!” Mitt exclaimed. “Rudy’s an abortion-rights, gay-supporting traitor to the Conservative Cause.”

I glanced through my paperwork. “Not to put too fine a point on it, Mitt, but a few years ago when you were running for Governor of Massachusetts, so were you.”

Mitt looked defensive. “Yeah, well I changed my mind when I decided to run for President,”

“Maybe Pat likes folks who can keep their mind made up,” I suggested unhelpfully.

“It makes no sense,” Mitt retorted mournfully, shaking his head. “Pat Robertson declared that the September 11th attacks were God’s punishment against America for supporting abortion and gay rights, and he thinks that the ‘activist judges’ who rule in favor of them are a greater threat to America than Islamic terrorists. He said God will punish us with earthquakes for teaching Evolution, and when the Disney folks decided to market to gays he told them God was going to throw hurricanes and meteors at them!”

“I’m sure there’s a point here somewhere?”

Mitt glowered at me. “I have a contract!” he growled. “I was promised the Presidency! I’ll sue!”

“You’re going to sue Satan?” I laughed. “Good luck finding a lawyer whose not already on our side.”

I let him think about that for a moment, and then continued. “Lots of candidates signed contracts with us, Mitt. There’s no favoritism involved. You’re all equal in The Evil One’s eyes.”

“No we’re not, you just like Rudy better!” Mitt growled. “You like him better because he wants to torture people and he’ll nuke Iran just as soon as he gets his finger on The Button!”

“Oh c’mon, Mitt,” I laughed. “You’re in favor of torturing people and nuking Iran just as much as Rudy is.”

“Darn right, I am!”

“So, there’s no favoritism involved on our end. I can assure you, Mitt, Satan smiles just as broadly on your campaign as it does on Rudy’s.”

Both of Mitt’s faces fell. “You mean there’s nothing you can do?”

I shook my head. “I’m just here to help you all equally,” I said with a grin.

“It’s not fair,” Mitt whined as he got up to leave. I could hear him muttering something about “contracts” and “lawsuit” to himself as he walked back to his campaign SUV. I sighed. Politicians sign contracts with the Devil and then are surprised when they get screwed over? Cry me a river.

I heard a soft knock at the door. I was pretty sure I knew who it was.

“C’mon in, Pat,” I called. “Well, well, you’ve been a busy bee, haven’t you?”

Pat Robertson had the grace to smile softly as he sat down. I like Pat. We’ve always worked well together, and he’s one of my favorites amongst Satan’s minions.

8 comments:

Phoebe Fay said...

Poor Mitt. Can't even catch a break from Satan. But hey, Rudy has parties with drag queens, and Mitt has Mormon parties with punch and cookies. Seems obvious to me which Wild Man Pat would pick.

Mike said...

Of course Pat is not going to endorse Mitt. Why would he? Mitt's a Mormon and as we all know, Mormons are not Christians, they are cultists.

Geez Satan, is that so hard to figure out?

Once again you are missing De Pope, what are some kind of towelhead?

I thought you idiot liberal mudslingers didn't believe in God and Satan.

Anyone else smell the rot coming off this series? Gag writers eventually get stale.

Sara Sue said...

I love the series!! I think it just keeps getting better and better! I laughed harder than ever, Colonel! Excellent post!

Who said liberals don't believe in God & Satan?

Forrest Proper said...

Phoebe: Pat is a party animal, all right.

Mike: Santa, I mean Satan, sometimes has trouble sopelling and gets mixed up between cultists and occultists.

Popey: Patience in all things...

Dr.Murk: You say "rotting, fetid smell" like it's a bad thing. Don't worry though, we have something for everyone- you may enjoy it more when it turns out that Hillary is such a twisted sister that she even scares the piss out of Satan's Minions (and not in as good way).

Sara: Of course we believe in both- Marica Cross makes me believe in God, and on the other side, well, there's Dik!

Anonymous said...

Awwww I love you Popie! NOT! :oP

Colonel,

My apologies, sir! If you mean to display the failings of ALL politicoes, then by all means... carry on.

(finally, someone who knows tongue in cheeck!)

Much Love,

Murk

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0