The Color of Magic, a Book Review

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Color of Magic
Ok, maybe I am a little slow on the uptake here, but thanks to some prodding from Angryman, Malach has just finished the first book in Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series, The Color of Magic. I thoroughly enjoyed it. While is has a slight slow begininning, it quickly traps you into Discworld, and you don't want to leave. I am not a huge fan of Pratchett, but the stuff I have read by him, I have enjoyed. If you are at all a fan of high fantasy, Tolkein style, or fantasy based Role Playing Games, these books are for you. They is one way are intended as a spoof, a spoof of Tolkein, a spoof Dungeons and Dragons, Lovecraft, Leiber, Howard, C.S. Lewis, a spoof on everything high fantasy.

The first in series, The Color of Magic is about an inept and cynical wizard named Rincewind. So inept, he never completed wizard training, and can only cast one spell. One of the original spells of power, that he really can't remember how to cast. He comes into employment for as a guide for a out of country visitor named Twoflower and his sentient piece of luggage (Luggage). Rincewind leads him about the huge city of Ankh-Morpork, through a series of unfortunate events, leading to the city burning to the ground, and they then set off on the begininig of a grand adventure across the continent, and further.

Not only is the book funny, it is also throughly entertaining, and I couldn't put it down. It get 4 ass smacks from Malach the Merciless.

Eric Mangini
These are starting to sell well, so here they are, for the WoWees, the game is coming up soon.










And as requested Sweatshirts will be up today.

And finally some exclusive video of the Angry Piper's ex

I am Malach and I want to rock with you

2 comments:

AngryMan said...

My advice is to space out the Discworld books. If you read too many one after the other, the formula will kind of get to you. Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, I am reading stuff in between, I am on "Dark River" from Twelvehawks next

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0