300

Saturday, March 10, 2007


300 starring Gerard Butler, Lena Headey, Rodrigo Santoro, Andrew Tiernan and David Wenham is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel of the same name. It recounts the Battle of Thermopylae, in which 300 Spartans (and other Greek city-states) took on the army of King Xerxes of Persia.
The visuals of the movie itself were breathtaking. While it's not like another one of Miller's graphic novels turned movie (Sin City) this movie just has as much violence. The acting, while not a reason I went to see the movie, was average at best. Though Gerard Butler as Spartan King Leonidas was memorable....though he does tend to overact in some scenes.
While history already tells us what happens at the end of the Battle, you should still see 300. It's your duty to see 300.
---
Not the longest review, but it is in my opinion that you should go see 300. If the heads and various other limbs flying across the screen won't bring you, then at least see it for...well, I guess that's the only reason you should go see the movie.

8 comments:

I heard the movie was a visual feast!

Where you been anyway, Sexy Kitty been asking and I WANT MORE PALMER WEBCOMICS!

Andy T. Nguyen said...

Hiatus till further notice.

Toyi said...

oh wow Roman Soldiers are hot... they turn me on.

Andy T. Nguyen said...

They're Greek, but whatever floats your boat.

Toyi said...

I get you, well yeah I mean Is more about the custom they wear, so greek also works as longest they have the customs on...

Roman soldiers killed Jesus.

Toyi said...

oh don't get into that, Jesus had to die so we could get the Holy spirit to generate faith, can you imagine Jesus still living among us?
lets picture the disciples

Oh no bread... Jesus, bread please
Oh we will die in the sea... Jesus please take care of the waves
Oh I am feeling sick...Jesus please cure me
Oh my brother died... Jesus please resurrect my brother

so where the faith would be if Jesus was among us right now?
So, you see why the original disciples were hiding? because they didn't have faith, who they had was gone and all they had about him is what they saw.
They didn't even believed when Jesus told them that he would resurrect on the 3rd day, even knowing all what he was capable to do, why.... cause they needed to see it, they needed to see it.
So.... lol got excited.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0