The Secret of Life

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

This guy I knew took thirty hits of acid one night. I had to babysit him for a few hours. During the course of his ordeal, I had to leave because he seemed to be getting violent and no one else was around.

His friends found him a few hours later, naked, hiding in a closet waiting to ambush them. He thought they had the Secret of Life. They had to restain him for a while. After this, he kept asking them, "What do I do now? What do I do now?"

He and I were decent friends up until that night. He remembered me leaving him in the midst of a bad trip. He never quite spoke to me again.

Whatever happened between the time I left and the time his friends found him was rather profound. I can only imagine what time dialation and hallucination is like when you've been left in the dark for a couple of hours. Somewhere in that gap between me and them, he saw what we all fear. He came to know a fact that none of us wants to know, because on the surface it seems so empty and tragic we can't accept it.

Accepting a fact such as this is easy compared to accepting the Secret of Life, even though it would seem easy enough if I put the thought out there.

4 comments:

Bad friend. No cookie for you.

Seriously though, what did he see? I somehow get the feeling that he exercised some personal demons out there on his own.....freaky.

Thank you Hunter S. Thompson

FreeOscar said...

He saw death.
He's not as hot as Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black.

It's all about the invisible bats.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0