The Last Five Enlightenments

Monday, June 30, 2008

Asked once to ponder the meaning of life, I summed up the point of the human experience as best I could:

The meaning of life is learning to suffer and die in a dignified way.

It sounds bleak.

Unfortunately, anyone seeking the meaning of life must prepare to suffer and eventually die. Anyone dumb enough to ask someone else the meaning of life deserves a bleak answer.

Truthfully, there is a very different way of aproaching life.

Again, unfortunately, it's not what people in search of meaning want to here. So, I've decided to keep the Secret to Life. First, it's not a cure for life's woes. Second, you'd have to reach the same conclusion as I have on your own to believe in it. Last, I have no proof or logical arguement for it and I know people love to debate.

This is silly. Why is Murk saying he has the Secret to Life on this useless blog?

Well, I want to invite doubt. For close to five years Malach, Spacefarmer and I have labored on this internet project. Others have labored in secret. Others have helped without knowing the full design.

You have all helped by reading and posting.

Now, as my present to all of you, I'd like to say...

I have the Secret of Life and you don't.

5 comments:

Why not have fun, don't sweat it, and die?

Hojo said...

Thanks for giving me the philosophical blue balls.

Toyi said...

I hate secrets, why should I keep them?

this is SO you!

Dr. Mantodea said...

Death is for peasants. I have an unlimited number of clones. I'll get to piss on all of your graves.

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Wand of Wonder 2.0